Mark Twain, one of my favorite authors, places it positively when he says “let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
Sarcastic, witty, and point-blank right, here are some of his quotes on, yes, having an attitude of “kicking ass”!
1. Approve of yourself
A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
2. Let go of anger
Anger is an acid that can do more harm than to the vessel in which it is stored than anything in which it is poured.
3. Release yourself from entitlement
Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
4. Never procrastinate the inevitable
Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
5. Learn to appreciate life
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.
6. Stand your ground with the right attitude
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
7. Always remember to appreciate what you have
Comparison is the death of joy.
8. Lighten up and have some fun
Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing.
9. Don’t let politics get into your life
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.
10. Don’t put down others by forcing them to be who and what they’re not.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will believe its whole life believing that it is stupid.