Triple digits and the data for 03.02.2022

The Health Agency reported 866 new cases today, of which 87% are fresh (within the last two weeks). The remaining 13% were backlogs. There were close to 24000 tested with a 4.7% positivity rate on the last day of February 2022. Top regions with cases were NCR, Western Visayas and Central Luzon.

There are 53 deaths today, 23 of which occurred in February and 2 last January 2022. The remaining were backlogs all the way back to 2020, where there were deaths that occurred in March, July and November 2020 that were only being reported today.

There were 5 duplicates removed from the total case count, of which 3 are recoveries.

There were 46 cases previously tagged as recoveries but eventually determined as deaths after final validation.

The NCR accounted for 20% of the total cases today with 183 new cases followed by Western Visayas with 169. All other regions reported less than 100 cases, with BARMM reporting only 7 new cases today. Of the regions that reported double digits, the following had 50-99 cases: Central Luzon 83, CALABARZON 83, Central Visayas 58, Northern Mindanao 57, and Davao Region 56. The remaining regions had less than 30 cases.

There were 14 ROFs that were included among the positive today.

In Mega Manila, no LGU had more than 50 cases. The top LGUs were Quezon City 41, City of Manila 31, and Makati 21. All other LGUs had single or double digits. Those with single digit were: Caloocan 6, Las Piñas 8, Malabon 4, Mandaluyong 4, Marikina 4, Muntinlupa 9, Navotas 2, San Juan 1, Valenzuela 3, Pateros 1 and Taguig 5.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s