989 cases, the PH slips to 23rd in the world and the data for 03.03.2022

With triple digits being recorded the past days, the Philippines continued the decline in daily new cases as the Health Agency announces 989 new cases today. There were a little more than 27000 tests with a positivity rate of 4.5% last March 1. Of the 989 cases today, only 89% are ‘fresh’ (last 2 weeks) with the NCR, CALABARZON and Central Visayas topping the regions with most cases.

The active cases are down to a little more than 50,000 and more than 91% were mild or asymptomatic at the time of testing.

There are 34 additional deaths. Of these 41% or 14 occurred in January and February 2022. The remaining 59% dated all the way back to April 2020. As a matter of fact, three deaths were from 2020 – April, September and November.

There were 4 duplicates removed from the total case count, 3 of who were recoveries.

There were 26 cases previously tagged as recoveries but after final validation, were deaths.

NCR continued to account for approximately 20% of the total cases in the country with 203 cases today. Three other regions had triple digits: CALABARZON 128, Western Visayas 128 and Central Visayas 117. The rest had double digit cases, while BARMM continued its single digit streak with 7 cases today.

In Mega Manila, Quezon City led the LGUs with 44 cases, followed by the City of Manila with 39. All other LGUs reported less than 20 cases, with ten LGUs reporting single digit. The latter were: Las Piñas 8, Malabon 5, Mandaluyong 4, Marikina 9, Muntinlupa 4, Navotas 3, Pasig 9, San Juan 1, Valenzuela 5, and Pateros 1.

As the PH continued its decline in cases, other neighboring Asian nations are suffering from the whiplash of the omicron wave, most especially in countries that have not had to experience the various alphabetical waves of SARS-CoV-2. With South Korea hitting more than 200,000 cases and Vietnam surpassing 100,000 cases in a day, the Philippine moves down from 21st rank in the world to 23rd rank and will most likely continue this decline as other countries in Asia and Australia continue to battle with omicron.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s